Good Morning Doc;
This is a situation I've been fighting for a number of years now. I'm 49 years old, and have worked at Wharton County Junior College in Wharton for the past 27 years (going on 28...sounds even longer that way, doesn't it...). Lately, my standard response to "how long have you worked there" has been "too ^*&%&% long!" Many days, I feel more like a commodity than a human being, working harder, and getting paid less, and feeling like there is no value in my life. When I don't have the ball and chain on, I spend my time doing things which do bring some value to me - working part time as a Paramedic with our local EMS, being a volunteer firefighter, playing the organ for my church, and doing lighting design for my community theatre group here. I also operate a small commercial sound business and provide equipment for stage productions and special events in the area. And somewhere in the midst of all this, I have a wonderful family - my wife and two children, the oldest of which has just received her R.N. and works at the local hospital.

I guess what I'm saying by all this. Doc, is that I realize things at work could be a heck of a lot better. But at the same time, at the end of eight hours, I turn off the lights and go home and thoroughly enjoy my family and activities. These are the things that I work for, these are the things that I live for.

I used to think that I was absolutely insane for staying at the same place for twenty-some-odd years, when many people around me change jobs as often as five times in the space of a year. I guess the reason I stay with it is because the job is there, and the paycheck keeps coming at the end of each month.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Doc. Whatever you decide to do, I hope all works out well for you. [Linked Image]

Mike (mamills)

Don't forget your friends here at ECN!