Joe I can only relate what I see here in MA and RI and it is not what you want it to be.

1.) All appliances, fixtures, outlets, panels, switches, etc. must be installed.

Appliances?

Hardwired ones yes, cord and plug connected items like washers, dryers, ranges and refrigerators no.

Fixtures?

We have been down that road, in this area blanked lighting outlets are commonly accepted.

The best way to describe what is expected at a final in this area would be "All openings shall be closed and the panel schedule shall be complete".

The inspectors check for NEC compliance, they do not check to see if it matches the prints, they do not check the operation of the circuits.

In this state there is a mandated 1 year warranty, if items do not work the customer will call and we must fix it.

Now you can choose not to believe me, thats your choice. The fact remains I am out in the field meeting inspectors and passing my inspections on a regular basis.

The system in this area as it stands works well, the majority of electrical work I come across is of good quality.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts