Tom:
First, Welcome to ECN!!

Now, the 'rant' you reference is from a member here who was/is known to rant, stir the pot, flame, etc., and has not posted here in some time.

I have a very high tolerance for all of that, and as a moderator on this site, I decided to 'let it roll', and see if it expanded into anything that deserves deletion or ??

To address your content, up here in NJ, our Building Inspectors are responsible for the inspection of the rebar/ufer ground terminations when they perform the footing inspection(s). It is not the responsibility of the Electrical Inspector; this is defined within the NJ Uniform Construction Code, statewide, not local.

Common practice here is NOT to stub up rebar, but to connect a #4 Cu with a listed clamp, and leave the #4 tail above grade on the interior area of the structure. IF the location is not by the service, it is extended with irreversible means as necessary. It works.

Partial releases are mainly for large comm jobs, and rarely for rest SFD.

BTW, if you surf thru the threads, and come upon comments from the ranter, don't let it get to you. The other Mods, and myself run thru the posts and delete what does not meet the forum rules.

Take care, and stay d=safe.

John