Originally Posted by sparky
As usual, i'm in a pickle yet again......We roughed a small main street commercial store front a while back , had a rough inspection, addressed the small requests per AHJ, and never got called back for the trim out

Passing thru, we stopped in to find a thriving deli/cafe' yesterday

I took pix, and emailed the AHJ , asking if another permit was pulled for the finish, and if not ,how it assumed occupancy?

I've no response from him so far......what should i do? I don't wish to be liable for anyone else's work

~S~

There was post on a forum (not ECN) where the EC added some jumpers during the rough known only to him that caused "issues" if someone else did the trim or did not pay. laugh They would have to pay up in order to have the EC fix the problem, not sure that is a great idea, but if someone had been burned in the past like the mason who built a fireplace for a customer & made a agreement that they would not use it until they did pay, later gets a call that the FP is smoking & reminds them of the deal, gets his money & comes over with a bag of rocks attached to a rope to drop down & shatter a piece of glass in the chimney.