Permit Applications are not handed to me for Data Entry purposes, Instead I fill out the forms as part of the Tasks involved with obtaining Permits (typically as part of the Plans Examination process).

Prior to the Application forms being available On-Line, I would pickup several "Blanks" from the DBS Offices, and pre-fill the information prior to leaving.

Now the form(s) may be filled in via the PC, which is so much nicer looking!
If the Application is only a PDF "Printable Version" (no fillable fields), I create Form Fields on the Document, save the file for future use, fill-out a copy for the current Job, then Print out Two copies (one for Archives).

Along with the Permit Application, the submittal package for the DBS includes Cutsheets, Title 24, Part 6 "Binder Copies", relevant Specification Sheets, and a recent Printout of the Contractor's Information from the CSLB Website (Calif. State License Bureau).
This Printout shows License Status (Expiry Date & Class), along with Work Comp Policy status and Number.

When submitting to Plan Check, the Permit items are brought along for references. Once the Plans are stamped "Approved", the Permit Items get processed into an active Permit... yay

BTW, a Blank Check, or Checks is/are issued to me for payments to the DBS, and sometimes for the outsourced plancheck firm.
I carry Authorizing Agent Documents with me, but not too many Counter Staff Persons ever request to verify if I am Authorized to act in behalf of the Company.

-- Scott

Last edited by Scott35; 09/12/11 09:48 AM.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!