Originally Posted by HotLine1
sparky:

"last time wasn't really our fault, we had our individual permits, but the building owner had not obtained his building permit."

Normally, that would not happen here, as only the complete package is released. When a 'partial' release happens,it is usually for footings, foundations; to allow the job to start, while plan review is completed.

If I get a chance next week, I'll scan some of our placards.

I'm amazed that NH has only three EIs. I remember a lot of beautiful, wooded, undeveloped lands, and a lot of miles between outposts.

HotLine1

I'll just throw in that I really hate anything that allows concrete work to begin before the building permit is issued. They often have a "No Other Trade On Site" provision. The presence of my marked truck is enough to trigger a violation process and a "notice of liability to forfeiture." In one county in Virginia; the State has a MIN/Max code; they got so aggressive that I filed a request for immediate appeal based on individual prejudice. Then the City Attorney was willing to talk to me. You know that requirement for providing for the use of the Concrete Encased Electrode? Has anyone worked with a concrete contractor that does not have to be directed to turn a piece of rebar up just inside the basement wall at the actual location of the Service Equipment? Or one that knows that the AHJ in some jurisdictions require a rebar inspection prior to pouring any concrete, Or that on a commercial building the electrical inspector has to sign off on any Grounding Requirement prior to concealing any connection? They sure get mad when the electrical inspector orders the installation of additional tie wires at any untied crossing point. Well once I explained that the inspector could and would fail my work because of work I was not permitted to examine prior to concealment he directly ordered the Chief Electrical Inspector to make immediate provision for coordination or to shift all aspects of concrete work to the building inspector to avoid a valid defense of Entrapment for the notice of Apparent Liability of Forfeiture. Virginia has some sort of process for decertifying an inspector who looses multiple appeals of their orders. I have no idea how or if it actually works but it is a step in the right direction and I wish that Maryland; were I did the vast majority of my work as a Master; would adopt a Min/Max Code and State regulation of inspectors. The electrician should not be the only one in that relationship who is held to a performance standard for their work!

--
Tom Horne