http://www.dps.state.vt.us/fire/forms/index.html

Vermont's permits are fairly user friendly, if i were to suggest any change, it would be to include a short narrative along with of the list of specifics.

I mean, we're asked to wire some wierd stuff at times, or invited into reno's where we really haven't much of a plan until it gets opened up. Vt's dept is permit funded, nothing much from the general fund, so we're supporting the trade's well being via a permit here

The state's biggest complaint right now is that contractors start work then file a permit, that's been a growing problem since the economy dictated we sit by the phone and do backflips for a living

On that note, one of the more tenured state silverbacks gave me his cell # , and the priveldge to call in on my whereabouts, permit in the mail by end of day....

The only other thing that's changed is their name, it's no longer the 'Dept of labor & Industry' , it's the 'Dept of Public Saftey' Rumour was because they can get Homeland Security grants, but i still see them driving the same old beaters....

~S~