I pulled the gas stove out completely to ease the installation. I had to run to the store for the vent duct through the wall, which I did a peachy job of sealing into the wall so grease wouldn't get in the wall. I chiseled out half a stud for the outlet (two in a row that I've had two studs very close together on the right side). I also installed the microwave, and the board on the bottom of the cabinet (cabinet bottom was only 1/4"). This is the one job I wish I had a helper!

Anyway...5 hours plus materials, $445. I think they usually take me 4 hours without the vent work, and the stud chiseling was a one-and-only.

LK...was the $270 for the service company with or without the outlet? I'd be interested in your book. $242 for the outlet sounds fine. Does it allow for a difference between near the panel, or 50 feet away...finished or unfinished basement... also for NM or EMT? It seems like there are so many variables for a book.

I bid one recently that was in a finished house from one end to the other...multi-level. I would have had to cut holes every 16", or go outside. I forget the number, but it was large & they decided against the project.

Dave