The supply house I used to frequent had a good combination of things going for them IMO. They carried the brands I personally liked (P&S, Hubbell, Siemens, Bridgeport, etc..) They had no complaints about me heading into the back and loading up a cart with what I needed, (And I'd usually come across something else I needed while I was back there) I'd jot down quanity and part # on a counter pad while I was back there and they'd type it in the system from that. Now I realize this kind of trust can't just be given right from the start.. But people that do excessive amounts of over-the-counter business with you will certainly appreciate it [Linked Image]
As far as weekends, I had phone #'s for 2 of the counter guys and I could usually get one of them to open up for me if I needed. Otherwise I'd have to call KNS in LA where one of the counter guys live above the supply house in a loft, and would open the door if I was spending enough [Linked Image] But weekends WILL be lucrative if you get a good service co to open an account to you.