We are electricians- not warehousemen. We need YOU to stock everything under the sun for us. We need the supply house to stock ALL of a product- too many times a house will stock, say, the fixture...but not the bulb it needs.

Let us in the warehouse. We can't buy it if we don't know you have it. Indeed, often the counter staff doesn't know what's back there.

While we're in the warehouse.... have lots of GOOD lighting. There is nothing worse that getting the wrong parts to the job; I have to wonder if the lighting has something to do with the error rate, when I see a warehouse that has the minimal number of (horror!) HPS fixtures.

I see way too much hanky-panky with prices. It makes no sense to carry several brands of exit lights, yet throw several hurdles in the way of my knowing the cost. The worst situation is where I buy one today for $50.... and next week get charged $130!

Which brings up the issue of confidence. We ought to be partners- not enemies. Yet, too often, I see parts house personnel trying to 'work an angle' to the benefit if the house.