I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade...

I am not a contractor, but an architect. I am an advanced DIY'er... I just finished building by own house. I was an electrical systems engineer for many years before going to the dark side... ;-)

I talked for a few minutes with the accounts manager or owner of the supply houses I dealt with and now have open accounts at the electrical, fasteners, HVAC, plumbing, and lumber houses. I'm afraid there is no black & white for DIY/Contractor, but a thin grey line and I really appreciated being treated like a contractor, and I tried as much as possible to treat them like I was a contractor. In return I spent $10-75K at each of the houses. I'd ask that you be open to select owner/builders out there. And I appreciate the houses that are open Sat mornings. (Two guys restock shelves on sat & close at noon)

I hope you can do well on copper prices... All of the sparkies in my area seem to get 95% of their copper at big orange because the smaller guys can't touch the prices... I always run into them at 6pm on weekdays there...

Best of luck!!

On a seperate note I think all architects & engineers should be required to spend a few years in the field before getting their license...

[This message has been edited by Mike Wescoatt (edited 10-25-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Mike Wescoatt (edited 10-25-2006).]

Mike Wescoatt