Originally Posted by ITO
The whole comparing yourself to a doctor and your house is going to burn down is a losing proposition and at best you come across as more arrogant than professional.

The whole “your house is going to burn down” angle may have left a bad taste in their mouth and people don’t like to admit they were wrong.

I completely agree. I don't generally say things like this but this was the third time this guy called. The last time he called he had quite an attitude and was talking all cocky about how I was going to have to beat these other guys by 10% if I was even going to be considered for the job.

The first time he called the office he was told we have a dispatch fee to come out and give an estimate.

The second time he called I answered the phone and he said he wasn't going to pay a dispatch fee but was willing to let me come out and give him an estimate.

I told him we charge a dispatch fee for this and he hung up on me.

The third time he called he copped an attitude and told me I could have the job if I beat the other guys by 10%.

I'll admit by this time I was getting a little irritated by this guy and started in with the doctor comparison. I wasn't at all worried about not getting this job. I didn't want this job.

I had a feeling this guy would have been a royal pain. smile