I had a guy call me that needed his basement wired. He said he had three other electrical contractors coming out to give him an estimate and if I could beat their price by 10% I could have the job.

When I asked him if low price was his only concern and was he not concerned about the quality of the work, he replied "If you're all licensed your work should all be the same."

I then asked if he felt all doctors and attorneys were the same or did he believe some were better than others. If you're having heart surgery would you be trying to find someone who will beat everyone elses price by 10%?

He replied, "That's a different technology. Electrical work is not the same thing."

You're right electrical work is not the same thing. If the heart surgeon screws up you might die. If the electrician screws up you're house could burn down and your whole family could die.

I had another customer that was a welder. When I asked him if he felt all welders were the same or did he feel some welders did a better job than others he understood my point and agreed that all electricians are not going to be the same. Some will be better than others and picking one based on price alone is not a good idea.