Hmmm ... two posters who've been made to feel unwelcome at times .... for the "home team," this should be a wake-up call.

Otherwise, I was once at another forum where the self-appointed electrical "guru" took exception to my opinion. Even to this day, he will occasionally accuse me of being an electrician (as if that were a bad thing [Linked Image]). Yet, his ranting and flaming stopped the moment I called him on it.

If someone 'dumps' on you, call them on it. We have a trade that covers an immense amount of ground, and no one knows it all. Often, there are more than a few 'correct' answers.

Different folks have different styles; it sometimes pays to let things slide. If someone is being rude, you can usually count on others to jump in.

A fine example of the self-control exercised by our members was seen a few years ago. A gent with a user name similar to "Wacky Tabaccy Toker" posted that he loved electric work, but didn't like attics, crawl spaces, ladders, or being in the weather. He sought career advice. That the responses were lacking in profane remarks is a small miracle.
You can be sure we were all tempted [Linked Image] BTW, don't bother looking for that thread; THAT time the moderators made it 'disappear.'