It's funny how a forum, and a poster, change over time.
My first posts here were more than a little stiff. I won't deny it: I was nervous, and afraid. How would my comments be received? I was also a bit restless with questions that seemed too "basic" to me ... but, as time went by, I began to appreciate the great range covered by the "electrical trade."

I was happy to see that my comments were read, considered ... and sometimes contested!

Having been educated by the same Nuns that taught Joliet Jake and Elwood Blues, my grammar is somewhat formal. Some have mistaken this as pride, and seemed in bliss when given the chance to comment on some of my work [Linked Image]. A lot of that went away, once they were sure I was not full of my own importance.

I've appreciated the discussions here. I have had others spot my errors, suggest proper solutions, even suggest things I would never have thought of! I've even had a few code 'details' pointed out that I had forgotten.

Sure, we've had some lively threads recently. For example, a thread about supposed stray voltage got hot when someone referred to the town as a 'hick town' ... our members there were most incensed. (Seems they are 'hillbillies,' not 'hicks,' and there's a big difference to them [Linked Image] ). Or when yours truly suggested that it took more than 0.64 questions on a professional exam to make one an electrical expert. (Those who took that particular exam were not amused).(There I go again! [Linked Image] ).

On the 'plus' side, the moderators hardly ever have to step in. ECN seems free of the childish antics, flame wars, threats of violence, stuffiness, hair splitting, or self-appointed "house experts" that some other sites seem to foster.

Trust me on this ... the moderators know about those other sites. Having varied interests, they participate - often as simple members - in forums dealing with topics as diverse as old machinery, HVAC, and even cats!

Hope you hang around, NJ. ECN is certainly not a place where everyone has to fit the same mold!