I just feel that some folks look to quickly disprove a poster and are in a race to post the related code reference that proves he is wrong...rather than engage in constructive discussion about the topic.

This reminds me of a kid in school that was "always first to raise his hand with the correct answer. It was considered an attribute there, and I don't see why it shouldn't be here, as well.
After all, the related Code reference IS the right answer.
As for discussion of WHY it's right, it's been a long time since I've seen anyone post "Because the Code says so", or "Because I'm the inspector and I say so". The constructive discussions take place, but it seems best to have the accepted correct answer first.

I'm right in there with Bob when he says he posts "Code section numbers in the hope that people will in fact look at the book themselves." I've done the same many times, for the same reason, sometimes posting only the related code section number.
You are given tools, it's up to you to use them. (There was always that kid in school too, who looked over others' shoulders to get the answers to the tests, but never learned a darn thing)
We've had members who have wanted to discuss endlessly points that they consider logical and correct, but don't even bother to ever open (or in a couple of cases even own) a reference book.