I don't post very often, mostly because I don't have that much time. As my wife calls me an old grumpy dinosaur, I very much enjoy this place and try to follow the threads because even "old, grumpy dinosaurs" can learn a lot of new stuff. At least, sometimes it's new to me and some of the info here has helped me in my business by making the work practices a bit more efficient.

In this business, every little bit helps out.

Even though I am still involved in the aviation regulation area of work on a full time basis, I still have the EC business to run on the side, supported by a couple of superb apprentices that do most of the "grunt" work during the day when I'm tied up inspecting pilots and aviation operators.

The information here on this board has been very helpful from time to time because there is a stupendous wealth of knowledge, experience and skill lurking around here and for the most part it seems genuine. Whenever someone (other than an obvious hacker) needs some advice it comes flowing forth in large helpful gushes.

Yes, sometimes folks get a bit PO'd and go after something or someone, but that's kind of normal in any line of work, so no, I don't think there has been a change in tone on the board, and I hope most of the rest of us see it the same way. BTW, sometimes I too get annoyed at things - not only here but at life in general, but I've found that even as an "old grumpy dinosaur" sometimes it's best to sit back for a bit and wait and think before hitting someone or the "send" key. Usually the "hitting" has some kind of consequence.