Hi, all. I don't post much around here but I enjoy many of the threads. I thought I would respond to this thread only because I am 100% in agreement about the topic. I agree that crappy attitudes, snap replies or simple lack of participation is going on with many support sites that I either moderate, support or simply visit. It's everywhere.

I witnessed a guy cursing out the cashier at a convenience store today because the sales tax calculation was off by two cents for his purchase. He even went as far as to go to his car, return to the cashier and attempt to prove that the register is wrong. The guy ended up being wrong, but he was just so nasty about the whole thing as many other people seem to be these days.

One site seems to include members who enjoy chastising people who ask (no trade mentioned) questions of the professionals. What's the point in offering a support forum if they are just going to sit there and discuss business issues, wholesale pricing and bash end-users looking for support? These guys sit there and chat back and forth in threads about the "moron" who started a thread. I think we know who the true morons are.

Attitudes seem to be rough all over, not just on sites, but even in regular conversation. Everyone is running at full-throttle these days and it's taking it's toll on peoples' personalities. In my case, business has been terribly slow for several months, so my patience is also wearing thin. It seems as if I am not alone.

It used to be that sites like this one included a lot of humor and comradery, but it's waining.......everywhere. Maybe it's due to the gas prices! Maybe when Spring finally gets here, attitudes will change. Let's start getting ready. It was near 60 today, I am ready for it!

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."