On a more recent call...
I had a troubleshoot for an entire trailer park about 50 miles from home. (6 trailers out of the 140 space park were out)
I put the toner on one of the dead pedestals and started trying to follow the lines back to the main gear which was about 600' away.. I finally locate the problem... Some plumbers had nicked the direct burial 1/0 AL and the dissolved themselves apart.. By this time it's already getting dark out, so I called into the shop for some backup to put some pvc in the ground and pull new wire for the damaged section.
The office sends me a journeyman and a couple helpers that I'd never met before...
By this time I have a bunch of people standing around waiting for their power to come back on..
I tell the helpers to start digging a trench from pedestal to pedestal, and warn then "THERE'S OTHER UTILITIES IN THE SAME TRENCH!!! BE CAREFUL!!!"

Not 30 seconds later I hear a loud WOOSH.. and a 20' geyser was flooding out everything! [Linked Image] couldn't locate the shutoff for about half hour, Now I have people complaining about water running under their trailers as our work area is becoming a mud pit [Linked Image]
I finally find the shutoff for the 1" watermain and now have people complaining about no water UUGGHH!! I get a plumber out and run to the orange box about 5 miles away for a couple pumps and hoses. I get back and pump out everything, by this time, it's midnight... after this we see the cable TV line with a nice slice out of it.
We finally get power restored at 7am...

We later found out the CATV line was abandoned (whew!) and backfilled... I hit the sack at just after noon...