I've been sitting here trying to remember a few of mine over the years.

I built a large commercial warehouse type store once, and it was built with poured tilt walls. I slabbed in quite a few stub ups into the tilt pours, for wall switches, exterior lights, Fire alarm, door security, etc.

When you calculate the stub up heights, you want the stubs to come out of the wall at bar joist level, but you have to factor in that the tilt walls sit on the footers, about 2 feet lower than finished floor.

Somehow I screwed that up, I think maybe I doubled the height difference, and as the roof joists went up, I began to see that every one of my stubs came out 2 feet ABOVE the roof.

Oops. And we're talking a Home Depot size facility, lot's of stub ups. Chipped out and recaptured the critical ones, surface piped the rest.

On another job, on a Sunday Father's Day, I was carrying a 2500A main switch gear across a site on a Lull, to place in the building. I tipped it forward and dropped her face down in the dirt. Snapped the handle off the main breaker. I called the project manager at home. I said "Happy father's day, I broke the gear". But we we're pretty good friends, so he said "Must have happened in shipping".

I did a nursing home one time, and on the third floor, I had a guy hook up a transformer wrong. I think he swapped the neutral for C phase on the secondary side. When it turned on, I noticed all the wall sconces down the hallways glowing rather brightly. 208v on a 120v fixture will do that...lol. The bad part was in all the patient rooms, above the ceilings was a stepdown transformer/controller for the patients bed switches for their lighting. We fried about 35 of them at $100 each.

I'll try and remember some more....