The "occasional" or "recreational" smoker jaunt is one of the biggest BS lines I've ever heard, and I've heard it from a lot of people. do you smoke everyday? then you're an addict, plain and simple, you can say whatever you like to make yourself feel better about it, but one day you'll have to come around and face facts.

I started smoking when I was 15, it started with me and my friends smoking "tasty" and "exotic" cigarettes, and it progressed into half a pack a day at 16 1/2, after only a year and a half, I realised what an idiotI was and quit, it wasn't easy, and I can only imagine how hard it must be for you guys who have been smoking for years. Then I crashed my car and broke up with my girlfriend of 1 1/2 years in the same night, the next day I bought 3 packs of cigarettes. Now, six months later I'm going through the same, miserable process again, I felt uncomfortable about posting this at first, as I'm only 17, but EV's post struck a nerve, the same self-delusional thing me and all my friends went through, only we were (well, are) idiot teenagers. Darnit, if all you guys who have been smoking for decades can kick the habit, I sure as heck don't have any excuses.

Good luck to everyone who's trying to quit, and congratulations to everyone who already has, you guys are an inspiration to me

-Will

oh yeah, besides the health complications for your kids, another reasoin to quit is that your kids will probably look up to you when they're a little older, and that won't make them smoke, but if your first memories are of dad sitting down and puffing on a cigarette...

Last edited by Elviscat; 06/19/07 02:52 AM. Reason: wasn't done yet!