Mike,
I quit back in January after getting the flu, a bronchial infection and an ear infection all in one blow... I never started again. and everytime I look at my daughter, I realize just why I quit smile I never smoked around her in the first place, but I imagine I stunk pretty bad still. I, just like Mike, grew up with parents and grandparents in the 70's and 80's that smoked. My mom caught me smoking when I was 15, and basically told me "Buy your own *^%(@% cigarettes!!" so no one ever really tried to get me to quit until I met my wife (Tammy). The hardest part is at work, as everyone else smokes. I know I can't even let myself give in for just one, that I know I could hide... Then It'd be all downhill and I'd just smoke more and more again.

One thing that helps is another foreman on our lease that HAD to quit as he was diagnosed with early stages of emphysema. We've kinda helped each other at rough times...

From From almost 2 packs Camel Wides/day to nada after 17 years.... It ain't easy, but you can do it!!

Best of luck to you and your growing family Mike!! smile

Randy