All good wisdom offered here as far as I can tell.
It wouldn't hurt, if you have some time, to learn a bit about how PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) works, learn how to properly go up and down a ladder, lift boxes, reels or other stuff correctly to avoid back strain or injury, learn about repetitive strain injuries or cumulative trauma disorders (from those wingnuts, typing a bazillion estimates, bids, invoices, surfing the net or drawing up schematics and diagrams for countless hours) and how to avoid the worst of the chemicals, conditions, particles, ailments and what have you that may greet you. Princeton has some free info if you're interested at http://www.princeton.edu/~ehs/h&sguide/TofCon.htm and there's some anatomy info at
http://www.medicalmultimediagroup.com/opectoc.html but I couldn't find a whole lot of FREE info even though I'm certain it's out there floating around in cyberspace.
Also, you might consider investing in some interpersonal communication training (even if you're self-taught) to ensure that your interaction with GC, AHJ's, and other sordid rogues and ruffians doesn't stress you (or them, I guess) to the point of creating a problem.
Last but not least, ensure that you save your sanity with some down time - vacations, weekends, etc.