Originally Posted by Trumpy
Originally Posted by gfretwell
I did one Pfizer and #2 is Sunday. The first shot gave me a buzz, sort of like drinking too much Nyquil and the stuffiness head cold thing that might have you doing that. It lasted several hours and my arm was tender for 2 days. Some of that arm thing might just be the person giving the shot. They seemed to be pretty aggressive with the plunger.

That is quite strange, Greg, although I think you were best to get the Pfizer dose, there is so much going on with the other forms of this vaccine (namely AstraZeneca), that make people hesitant to be dosed with it, and that isn't good.
And it isn't because of racism or anything like it (more my own safety), but I would hate to think that something from China or Russia is going to help me at all, considering the ad-hoc nature that had occurred when their vaccines were released.
I believe the NZ Government has gone with Pfizer, but if you're a lowly tradesman like myself, you're at the bottom of the list and I "might" get a vaccine dose by mid 2022.

The 2 big ones here are Pfizer and Moderna. They started the J&J and yanked it back rightr away because a few women had blood clots, literally one in a million. We seem to be getting the vaccinations taken care of here in Florida. They had a shortage of supply for a while but now they have more vaccine than they can use. Anyone over 15 can sign up and the last I heard they had a couple thousand open appointments for next week left over here. This round of appointments opened last week. My doctor cold called me and asked if I wanted to come in for a shot. It looks like if you want one, you can get one. My second dose went a lot easier. I didn't have anything to complain about.

Greg Fretwell