Trumpy:

Sorry to hear the price gougers are at it in NZ. We have had some of that here, but not $50 eggs.

As to 'retail', the supermarkets are open, the occupancy has been cut to >50% of 'normal', and some of the few butcher shops I pass are 'open' with people standing at the door, and the employees taking the orders there. Entry to the supermarkets, big boxes, etc., is being denied if people do not have face covering.

Some restaurants are open for take out only, with call-in ordering and curbside pickups. I really feel for them. Yesterday I went to an adjacent town to my favorite Italian deli only to find that they shut down as of Monday.

There has been some static about the 'big box' stores selling some items that 'others' can't because they are not 'essential'. ie: clothing, household items, toys, etc. That adds to the chaos.

There were a few gougers that were peddling PPE items, like N-95 masks for >$6.00 each, and hand sanitizer for more than a rare bottle of scotch. There also is a lot of PPE items popping up in ads from who knows where at really high prices.

Most retail now requires everyone to wear some type of face covering to enter. BTW, Liquor Stores are considered 'essential' and are open.

The warehouse store I shop at has been (IMHO) GREAT at doing there best to sanitize and keep the social distancing suggested 'rule'. They spray down all the carts, only give customers a cart from inside, wipe the handle again, and offer gloves and a mask to those who don't have one. IMHO, that is above and beyond.

Hopefully, this will come to pass soon, a lot of rumors floating around.

John