The retailers are saying they are just passing on price hikes they are seeing at the wholesale level and the guy I saw was specifically talking about eggs, saying how much more he paid per pallet.
We are still seeing shortages of a lot of products (Paper goods, sanitizers, PPE etc) but the food distribution seems to be keeping up now. I guess everyone has more food than they can eat or store and they ended up throwing some of the perishables away when they spoiled. That sort of thing is almost back to normal.

I do question some of these PPE fads. They had a news girl on TV showing us how not following proper protocols can make masks and gloves worse than nothing at all. She really looked like she was doing everything right but when they shined the U/V light on her, she had the "infection" (a harmless U/V powder) everywhere, simply by picking it up on the gloves and then spreading it around. Just wrapping a bandanna around your face only makes it harder to identify you if you are robbing the place. It probably doesn't make you or anyone else safer unless you always use a clean one and you handle the dirty one properly. It is no accident that medical people generally use something once, carefully remove it and dispose of it right away. Reusing masks and gloves is like reusing condoms.

I did learn one thing from the TV demonstration ... wash your face often too. The girl had contamination on her face, mostly her forehead, that would have been fairly safe until she removed her mask, gloves and washed her hands. Then thinking she was safe, she smeared the contamination all over her face, including the danger areas around the mouth and nose. Part of that was the typically female habit of unconsciously brushing her hair out of her eyes. That could have just as easily been sweat tho if it is hot outside. Once you contaminate your hands again, you are off to the races.

Greg Fretwell