well, the electrician came, and charged me £80 in total to do it properly.

I know everybody 'should'get a receipt (which I have got) but I read somewhere about 'Major Work Certificte' and 'Minor Work Certificate'. Should I have gotten something like this as well as the receipt (Which says what he did)?

What I find strange is that people say about that I shouldnt have put a rose 'inside' the ceiling, but thinking about junction boxes, a rose is wired the same, so what is the difference? Surely a cosmetic thing only, as the rose is a 'visible' junction box (in theory).

Just a last bit of info - when I put the rose into the ceiling, it was as you would see it normally - encased with a cord coming from it to connect to the bulb socket, only insted of being screwed onto the ceiling, I widened the hole, and pushed the rose through.

Oh well, you live and learn. Many thanks for your comments. I am sure my 'unique' ideas/methods and desire to understand this crazy electric stuff will bring me back here very soon.

Again, thanks!



[This message has been edited by mkdaiv (edited 08-28-2003).]