Hey, those two parallel slots make it look tempting to plug my electric flatiron in..... [Linked Image]

Seriously though, you're right. I wish such a system were also for sale in this country.

There is something similar with track lighting, where you can insert spots of various sizes and even a 110-volt convenience outlet (need a ladder to go plug in your vacuum cleaner?)....
however those systems are not interchangeable between manufacturers I believe.

The problem is...not everyone has these types of ceiling roses installed. So it's all well that you have them in your CURRENT apartment...and when you move to a new flat, you're faced with the realization that the new place uses conventional ceiling boxes for the fixtures.

I wonder if the mounting plate is sold by itself for retrofitting a conventional box....or is it part of a complete kit?

Paul, I believe New England also uses the word "roundabout" to refer to a traffic circle... [Linked Image]

P.S.: Milton Keynes -- sounds like it should be the name of some economist or something.....someone wearing a tweed jacket.. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 08-28-2003).]