Virginia Journeyman Electrician 2710 042345.
North Carolina contractor license 26415-sp-sfd. Residential up to 25,000.00.
On Call Electrical Services, Owner.
Always worked commercial until I decided to get a residential license and go into all service work.
I was in a class going for unlimited license, but only need a residential license now. I have the option of taking a Virginia Masters test, or taking a limited or unlimited test here in NC, but only if I want to go back into commercial work.
I have 10 years experience in the trade, and I retired from the Federal Government. I have been a machinist, and a maintenance mechanic while working for Uncle Sam. I didn't find my "calling" until I was 42 years old. I went to school at night for four years to get my apprenticeship papers while working in the electric shop at the Pentagon. I took every class that I could get and even took night classes here in NC to help with the contractor's license test.
North Carolina does not recognize Journeyman or Master. They only allow licensed contractors to solicit work. Any bozo can call himself an electrician and get a 10.00 an hour job for a contractor. It really sucks to work for someone down here.