Guess I'm giving away my age here, but I enlisted in the Navy in 1970 when I received my draft induction notice in the mail. I went thru BE&E and Electricians Mate school, Naval nuclear power school, and a couple of others, then spent 4 years as a shipboard electrician on an SSN.

After I was discharged, I spent a few years in a couple of merit shops, first as a helper, then an electrician, and as an estimator / project manager. Then I had an opportunity to join the local local, and worked several more years as a JW, foreman, estimator, project manager - various jobs at various times. I have a California General Journeyman Electrician certification (#108635 - you can look it up online).

I also taught electrician classes at night at a local community college from 1980 thru about 2000 or so. I have a non-credit, community college teaching credential.

Today I work for a large public agency in the Los Angeles area as an estimator, but I also keep my membership in the local up to date 'cause you just never know about these government jobs.

I do not have a C-10 contractors license, and have no desire to run my own business. I admire and applaud those who do!

Radar

[This message has been edited by Radar (edited 03-26-2006).]

There are 10 types of people. Those who know binary, and those who don't.