Quote:
"People say to me, "it's the amps that kill you, not the volts."

True.
But you're not going to get the amps without the volts to "push" it.

If you've ever grabbed the spark plug of your lawnmower while it's running, you know that you have just taken several thousand volts and you're still kicking (and cursing). But the current is so small that no damage is done (unless you're 80 yrs. old with a pacemaker).

Now go put your thumb and little finger across the terminals of your car battery. You're well aware that there is the potential for hundreds of amps there, but not enough volts to push it through your epidermis.

How much current is available from a source depends on the source and its design. The condenser (capacitor) in your car can knock the snot out of you with no real damage. Get across a 100 Kvar capacitor on a distribution line and they'll be lighting cigarettes off your ass for days.

Story time.
My boss and I were going to have to cross an electric fence and were looking for the best place to get across. I wondered out loud if the fence was even hot. He said there was an easy way to test it. Get a long piece of grass, hold it at one end with the other end touching the wire. Slowly run it closer until you feel a tingle.
So Ol' WFO (also known as Mr. Gullible) started sliding the grass closer and closer to the wire. Just about when I thought I was close enough to have felt something, my boss reached over and touched my earlobe.

If you've never gotten several thousand volts through your earlobe, you just aren't living right. It's, well......breathtaking!

Moral of story. Electricity (and Bosses) are unforgiving and shouldn't be experimented with without a good solid basis in the fundamentals.