Originally Posted by sparky66wv
I must say that I have learned a lot with this new experience, and have found myself wanting to be more an educator than an enforcer. My repeat ECs are learning what I like to see and the Joe Homeowners get some free advice, and as long as we can resolve those issues within 24 hours, I'll put an approved sticker on it and withhold the Cut-In-Card until I have seen pics texted to me of the issues I have specified being resolved. It it a way to make the installation pass without having to fail them. Go technology.

That was always my philosophy but I was paid by the state, overseeing state employees so it was less ambiguous about whether I should be "instructing".
We were on the leading edge of the email picture thing around the turn of the century but 8-9 years later when I was building my addition, the inspectors on the project were doing a lot of "send me a picture" stuff.
It was always "by the close of business" when they had to turn in their inspection reports. That saved us both extra time and money.

Greg Fretwell