Originally Posted by Texas_Ranger

Well not quite, up to the main panel it's technically TN-C so the whole system is TN-C-S. And until recently range and dryer circuits were entirely TN-C if I'm not mistaken.

[quote]

Correct, but only because that section is fed by pocos which is governed by the NESC. But if the transformer was customer owned the service would fall under separately derived requiring TN-S. Up until 1996 ranges and dryers could ground through the neutral but its no longer done. Other than that (and technically overhead line work/systems over 600volts) TN-C is forbidden.

[quote]I think Sweden historically had a mix of TT and TN-C but generally favoured isolated rooms in homes (in a room without earth potential even touching a live wire can't create a dangerous current flow). Isolated room systems typically use 2-pin outlets and class 0 or class 2 equipment. Class 1 is safe as well as class 1 without earth connection is just class 0.

These days it's nearly impossible to create a room without earth potential with metal air ducts, central heating pipes in case of hot water heat, antenna wire shields, network cable shields etc. etc.

That is interesting, I never thought about it that way.