Originally Posted by EV607797
Wow, I have really enjoyed reading this entire thread from the beginning. It's hard to believe that in this day and age that a customer can't get electric power without such complications.

Here, we order electric service and we get it. Unless it's way out of the ordinary, we get it for a minimum connection fee (a few hundred dollars in EXTREMELY unusual cases, usually free). Most, if not all property boundaries include utility easements for at least ten feet on all sides and the property owner has absolutely NO say in what is buried there. If I want a 600 amp 3 phase service to my storage shed, the POCO has the right to bury whatever it takes even if it's along my neighbor's property line the whole way.

I know this because my front yard contains 7,200V, 120/240 LV distribution, three telephone cables and CATV, all in this easement area. When utilities are marked for digging, my yard looks like the American Flag with all of the painted stripes!

Indeed, but the issue is that the utility has to cross someone else's property, not just follow a property line. They probably have similar easements across the pond, i'd imagine.

What I can't believe is that you can't have overhead lines in front of a poultry farm!