Oops!

he's now down to running the generator for just a couple of hours every 3 or 4 hours for a boost,

I meant to say just a couple of hours every 3 or 4 days! [Linked Image]

As for the local council, I've yet to find anyone in the area who hasn't had some problem or complaint (yours truly included, and I have a stack of papers a mile high to prove it).

The planning committee here seems to have its own very specific agenda based upon the personal preferences of its members. Several people on my estate who have submitted quite reasonable plans have been rejected while they've allowed some monstrosities of "executive-style" homes to be built in a nearby village which are completely out of keeping and stick out like a sore thumb. It's clear that they don't like approving anything which isn't yet another boring red-brick "conventional" house.

My advice Paul, if the area is not in an area of outstanding natural beauty or green-belt zoned, is to tell him to submit a proper outline-planning proposal through an Architectural Draftsman's or Architect's Office.

As it stands at the moment, the pending application is for continued siting of a mobile home, as he intends to get rid of the tatty old single-unit and replace it with a nice double-wide "park home" style unit.

I think he's so throroughly fed up with the council (and who can blame him?) that he's just going ahead with siting the new home anyway. If the council can't be bothered to answer in over a year, what else can be done? Do they think people can just put their whole life on hold while their endless committees shuffle pieces of paper around indefinitely? [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 06-03-2006).]