Another thought to add to the other posts: I consider myself skilled in customer service. I have traveled all over the US meeting with people from all walks of life, Eastern US, Midwest folks, West Coast types and never really had a bad experience that left a bad taste in my mouth like I have with residential customers. I enjoyed troubleshooting problems at factories, sometimes going out to eat with them same customers (maintenance mgrs & techs, plant mgrs) that evening that were ready to throw the machine at your company the minute you walked in the door but happy now you gave them good service and turned their downtime around. Not so with residential customers, they either don't understand what your trying to explain to them so you can build a trusting relationship and take the burden off them of worrying "Am I getting screwed by this serviceperson"? Another thing I have learned, you got people who request a quote, DIY, they have one intention, getting you to explain to them how you would do a job because they have no intention of paying you to do it, oh, they try to make you think they want a bid, but their picking your brain because they want to do it themselves, just needed you to fill in the pieces to the puzzle.

I am seriously considering sticking with Commercial and Industrial Customers... anyone care to share their experiences, good and bad regarding these types?

Jeff

[This message has been edited by JFLS41 (edited 04-30-2005).]