I just finished taking all my tests for my technical diploma on Saturday. I am relieved that is over but know I still have to study and keep learning because it is a never ending process. I have had one phone call from my yellow pages ad, I suspect it was a DIY picking my brain to get ideas how to do the job himself, just my gut feeling. I received one call from a local newletter publication that might turn into a electrical inspection and a quote for an upgrade. My wife is getting ancy about me "finding a job". I told her I needed to build the business not just take another job, she stomped out of the room. So I have that working against me. Woman need the security and she thinks I am just waiting around for the phone to ring. She doesn't realize I spent about 6 hours a day studying for my certification and how committed I have been in getting it completed. I understand her apprhension, but I have invested too much time and money into turning back now. We had a big fight yesterday and I told her, "the only reason this business will fail is because I quit".

As for advertising: I live right on the county line and the yellow book salesman is bugging me about putting another ad in the other county but I have decided against it. I think I can do better marketing myself by visiting businesses, apt complex offices for building maintenance, etc and leaving a biz card and post card advertisement I am going to make up. I had some t-shirts and hats made up this week and will get a digital taken beside my new truck and lettering for advertising me. As for intensity of jobs I have done, I haven't actually done a panel upgrade yet but I am considering putting together a mock-up breaker panel-meter socket-service entrance calculated for a three bedroom single family home and renting a table at the local flea market, with some flyers advertising my biz and panel upgrades, etc... open to any ideas if your interested in helping out. I also am kicking around the idea of finding a niche in my former field of industrial machine electrical and mechanical work and possibly doing maintenance/repairs in that and I am looking into AC/DC motor repair but not sure until I determine the cost of how much is needed to invest in equipment in rewinding cores, etc...