I'm your neighbor, except from the other side of the state. Flat Rate system is a business system that believe it or not, starts with how you answer the phone. You need to be able to communicate to the client that you are going to provide premium service to them. My Technicians wear uniforms, our trucks are clearly labeled and professional looking. We stock enough parts to complete any job they need when we get there so we don't waste time going out and sending an estimate, then going back to do the work. When they price the job, they get the pricing from a book that has everything broken down in individual tasks, much like a restaurant menu. The client gets to see the book so they can see the pricing and where it comes from. It usually blows them away. Since I started pricing this way, I have almost tripled my average invoice price. Also, it WILL work in your market. I belong to a group called Electrician Success International and we are all running the same business systems all over the country. In all types of economic markets. So it does work.
We also offer very strict satisfaction and workmanship guarantees to back up all we tell the client.

I hope it helps

Have a Blessed Day,
Rick Bruder