Shortcircuit-hello-i am up in alaska working in prudhoe bay right now so i have been busy travelling and all..got slow at work so i started visitng the site again..

how is everything? good i hope!

what i meant was...there are MORE rules in the NEC covering residential than any other part...second...the work varies from place to place..

its not rocket science but it can be for the cheechako! just having a sharp pencil and a checklist aint gonna get it done..

you know that you and i could work circles around some new guy who has been running pipe all his life...myself i have worked commercial, resi, and industrial...why? to pay the bills...i started jerking romex, then went to build a powerhouse then nuclear then maintenance then indiustrial and malls, schools and churches etc...then started all over again and always end back up where the money is...i never new what a kellum grip was or a mares tail until i hit the power house scene...the point is there are a lot of things that are not in the book!

i stil have several jobs going at home...i work two weeks on and two weeks off up here so i can come up here and make $2500 a week and then go home and make a grand a week..

i will be turkey hunting soon though so ALL work will have to take a back seat to that old gobbler i have been chasing..he skunked me last fall and i am going in after him this spring!

anyway...just my thoughts on the subject!

i still say it take more than book learning to be worth anything!

-regards

greg

[This message has been edited by mustangelectric (edited 03-16-2005).]