Hey mustang...how ya been? You haven't posted much recently.How did you make out on that dwelling you did? Pull lots of romex in there?

I've never thought of wiring houses as "more complicated" than other electrical work.I'm a Romex Ranger by definition, for I have been pulling it (romex that is) for over 25 years.

I enjoy residential wiring for the most part. There are plenty of homes around,I don't travel much so I'm always close to my family. It is very competative though, with many a new comer ready to cut your throat for the job. You must be able to deal with the public too.

JFLS41...Just price the job by figuring the time it will take plus material. Add fair markup on top of the material cost and figure a man hour wage that is in line with what other residential contractors in the area charge and submit one price as your estimate. If your customer is scared by the price, you are better off not working for them anyway.

And as always, make sure you are QUALIFIED to do any of the installations that you undertake. You will be responsible for the rest of you life for an installation that causes property damage or personal injury from an installation that was done improperly.

shortcircuit