Good Day!

Here in Maple Ridge, the bath fan must be vented to the out side, and the 14/2 must be run directly from the main bath fan directly to a relay in the furnace with a time clock on it so that when the furnace motor comes on (LOW) for the CFM required air exchanged, the bath fan must also come on with it, and is to be connected to the time clock as so that the fan is over ridden by the blower (LOW) motor on an 8 Hrs on, 8 Hrs off cycle for the fan, and wired so that it can not be over ridden any other way, so you have no choice but to install a relay before the time clock to isolate the furnace motor, (LOW) and the bath fan, so the motor can’t back feed the fan and blow the PCB in the furnace it self.
We have argued up and down that this should not be done by us, but the furnace installation company, and that by our cutting into the low speed motor circuit and adding that iso relay, that it is now considered not to be SA approved any longer and warranty issues, as the circuit board has now been altered, oras per the “ALTERATION of EQUIPMENT” rule.

The inspector here also looks for an extra wire run in the attic and left by the 1 gang box, so when the final has passed, the home owner wishes for us to remove the 1 Gang or 2001, and replace it with a 2002, 2 Gang and put the over ride switch in it like it used to be in the 90’s (WHICH I WILL NOT DO PERIOD), forif you are caught, you’re license is suspended, but I feel for the home owner as that fan will drive you crazy if it is near the master bed room(AS WHEN ALMOST IS IT NOT?) and is cycling at 2:30 in the morning even, the low sone fans, but them’s the rules here in Maple Ridge, and Coquitlam areas.
I do not know if that part of the building code is enforced anywhere else, but if anyone knows, I wish they could post it, as I would greatly appreciate it just to keep up with things!

Have a good day!

Robert Wagner!

Robert William Wagner