The ALCI is our previously discussed appliance leakage current interrupter..not to be confused with an AFCI.
I had no idea that they made hair dryers back in the 40's! I was born in '47 so I guess I expect all modern conveniences to have been introduced beginning with the late '50's.
Yeah, the lawyers would have a field day about testing polarity in vinegar water. Reminds me of an electrician friend that cooked his lunchtime hotdogs by sticking two wires in opposite ends and poking the other end of the wires into an outlet! 'Course, he was from Austria..maybe electricians are a bit different there! Never did see any of his dogs explode (from too much salt), but I kept my distance just in case.
I saw your entry about hitting the road soon..we'll miss you..but I'm sure that when you reconnect you'll have lots of fresh content to share. If you ever make it back to the States, you have to get out West! I live in Oregon..lots of pretty country all around. Now that the Russians are making the price of oil drop, we can afford to travel a little more.
So any hint to where you are off to?