Sparky
What can I tell you, got married in '68 and the year before hadnt seen an American girl for some 13 months, and well...you know the rest.
The thing that gets me about the DIYers is you give them a quote and they look at you like you have some sort of disease, like how come you are so expensive what they dont see is all the training, the insurance, the Bonds, the licenses and all the preparation that goes into doing ,, say a service, when we do it looks easy and probably think that hey why did I hire this guy in the first place, what they dont consider is the time we spent paying our dues learning the right way to make an installation and all the ins and outs of the trade.
Eagle:
Thats another bothersome item, and my biggest peeve is the guy who says well residential is no big deal, buy yet these are the same guys who splice romex to old BX with out a box and they hang from the ceiling, or they cut the grounding conductor out completely, and of course as you mentioned the 'teeny-tiny boxes ' all in and effort to save a whole 10 cents.
The thing thats funny is they never cut costs when it comes to the plumbing or building material but yet complain when it comes to paying 13 dollars for one breaker.
-Mark-