Master66, it's hard to have fair play when there are no rules. That is something that I would have to take up with my state gov. If you dont have any licensing now it's not gonna help you much in the immediate future because IF they implemented statewide licensing they would probably grandfather all the jacklegs in without any testing. This is what GA did in the mid 80's. So we still have some guys that don't really qualify but are in the trade just because the sent in an application before the dead line. I spent years as an apprentice and started helping my uncle in my teens. Then went back to school after college to prepare myself and learn what I didn't in the field. All of this makes me proud to say I'm licensed and I take it very seriously. I still get the low baller from time to time and say can't do it for that. I had a contractor call me today and tell me that a customer wants to remove a wall in a house that we just roughed. I asked him what he had alloted to move all the switches and recepts and he said nothing. Thats when I about lost it so I replied "$50 dollars per drop once conductors are installed and I think there are 9 drops". He could not believe that and said he wasn't gonna pay it. So don't think you the only one who's getting no respect. If you could stand the heat and the gnats I'd say come on down here.