Roger, VA adopted IBC which invokes NEC by reference. And my locality adopted the VA uniform building code. There's a good deal of verbage on top of it all that I've never really gone into, I've never had a reason to, I only work on Federal projects and I'm the AHJ.

I just got my PE license 2 weeks ago, so I haven't actually stamped anything yet [Linked Image] I don't plan to any time soon, because of liability but I'm sure proud to have those stamps! If nothing else, it's quite a confidence boost. I don't plan on getting E&O insurance because all my work is federal, and I don't actually have to stamp anything. If I start doing work on the side, I'll have to get insurance, but MAN it's expensive, even the cheapest policies are several thousand dollars! If I had to get insurance to work side jobs, it just wouldn't be worth it- I'm looking for niches where I can work maybe a few evenings and weekends and the occasional day off my "real" job and insurance wouldn't be required, like consulting for insurance adjustors.

[This message has been edited by SteveFehr (edited 02-07-2007).]