Really can speak for the great white north - but don't see gender as a hold back. I have had women under me, (no pun intended...) and as PM's and Owners. Dare I say it - do not fall into the trap of thinking you always have to prove yourself - it annoys everyone.... [Linked Image] And as far as worksite politics - it is not much unlike the military, you will be expected to pull your own weight. I think as long as you make it clear that you can and will, you should not have a problem. You should also note that you are entering the job market in winter - historicaly slow, especially around the Holidays - even in temperate climates like mine in SF, CA resi comes to a halt, and commercial is on slow track. Late winter, and early spring there are a lot of start-ups and people start building crews then. As you have little to no experiance, you would either be better suited on a sizable crew or under the wing of a small shop. Medium sized shops will be looking for journey level labor as they can self-support.... You need to focus at this point on the companies that are looking for bodies or bees. Or the old fat guy that cant fit in a few places anymore... [Linked Image] And willing to teach. Both are out there....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason