I have the 4 piece 18v Dewalt kit with 4 batteries. I have had this kit and batteries now for about 3 years with out any problems. I will say I have had some bad experiences with there batteries in the past but I found that as long as I keep the batteries at full charge they seem to last longer. I do use an inverter in my van to run all my chargers but I also have a triplet ferro. power conditioner plugged into the inverter and the chargers plugged into the triplett. The conditioner changes the square wave back into a sinusoidal wave thru the ferro transformer. Before I use to drain the batteries fully before recharging them, this I found was more damaging to them then helpful. The newer batteries and chargers don't require this and the batteries last longer. as long as you don't leave then in a state of discharge for too long. Even if I just drill one hole for the day it goes back on charge. or if I use a battery off and on for more than three hours I will put it back on charge and get another even though it still has plenty of power left. after ajusting to this I found the batteries was lasting much longer.

Be Fair, Be Safe
Just don't be Fairly Safe