I had Dewalt 14.4V cordless drills, sawzall and trimsaw and was happy with them until they were stolen off a job in 1999 and in a rush to get back to work I bought a Porter Cable 14.4V driver drill. It was superior to the Dewalt in my opinion. I went on to buy the PC 14.4V hammer drill and had nothing but praise for PC until this winter. The batteries started dying and the box stores quit carrying PC cordless drills and batteries. I was on a commercial job last week 80 miles from home and even my newest PC batteries weren't lasting very long and taking nearly 2 hours to recharge. I went to a near by Lowes and bought a Milwaukee 14.4V 1/2" Lok-Tor drill. Awesome performance and the batteries recharged in 45 minutes or less. I still have a Dewalt 18V sawzall that I love. I used a Milwaukee Hatchet for a couple of days and just didn't care for the feel of it. I have an inverter on the truck that runs my chargers so it's no big deal to have 2 different brand cordless tools. I also used a Milwaukee 18V Lok-Tor for a couple of days on a job this winter but felt it was too much heavier than the 14.4V and didn't offer significant increases in torque or battery run time. For heavy-duty all day drilling 7/8" holes in studs I still like my Dewalt 1/2" D handle drill. I've had it rebuilt twice in the last 15 years and it works great all day. But when I have to crawl back in a tight attic to drill 20 7/8" holes in a double top plate, the 14.4V Lok-Tor handled it with no sweat. I wouldn't want to go totally cordless but cordless tools have their place and truely quality ones are worth their weight in gold.