That is a great labor calculator tool. I need to raise my rates for sure. Thanks.

I try my best to include material and labor in one price for the whole job. That is the number that is inportant to the customer. Maybe some other states have to seperate material and labor for taxes.

The more you break down the prices the more the customer can pick your prices apart. A lot of people do it. Look at the $6 spark plug. If they just said $600 for a tune-up you would have nothing to say.

The customer does not allways know the current prices or the quality of materials you use.

If you put down 3/4 EMT $9 x 10=$90 it sounds high to even me as the price was $2 a stick not long ago. But $9 is about 50% mark-up of the prices today. I would say a number for the whole job.

On proposials I break it down by type of opening and other extra things like kitchen circuits. I'm starting to wish I just put "electrical as to print". In the end I might find one thing I forgot to count and put on the proposial. But the customer wants an exact count on everything and credits for anything less than on the proposial. So I loose both ways and waist time counting every thing in the end.

Tom