I bought the Dewalt 14.4 combo set when it first came out ('96?). The drill works great, even after repeated drops from 6' stepladder (oops). Had small problem with the switch that went away - probably corrosion or dirt...never any problem with the chuck.
Had a battery charger melt on me a few years ago. Even though it was out of warranty, Dewalt replaced the battery and charger for free. (they almost became one, so it was a moot point)
The cordless trim saw is ok (and sharp - almost lost my thumb to it a few years ago!) but the batteries just get sucked dry by it. I still use it for small stuff, but if it's more than 24" of cut 1/2" deep or more, I grab my corded saw.
I bought the "swivel head" flashlight (as opposed to the "snake"), and have been very happy with it.
No experience with cordless sawzall/cutsaw.
My foreman used a Makita (IIRC) cordless drill, and was quite happy with it. He said the Milw cordlesses went through too many batteries. He still swears by their corded tools, though (like most of us!).
[This message has been edited by DougW (edited 05-09-2004).]